Monday, May 16, 2011

Loving Mondays lately

Hello there!! It's a great night! Hmmm, seems like Mondays are always great nights. Apparently, 300+ sit-ups is all I need to have a good night? Actually, a good work-out will make anyone feel good. I doubt that it's the sit-ups in particular. All of the physical benefits aside, I really enjoy working out because it's a social activity as well as good for me. It's soooooo important to have a work-out buddy. I'm lucky to have several! Turns out I know a guy who works at the gym I went to tonight, I'm also friendly with a girl in the class and with the instructor.

Tonight's work-out was a whole mess of sit-ups, but also some push-ups and leg/butt exercises and arms/pecs. I remember the time when I couldn't even do 5 push-ups. I remember the time when I had to drop to my knees to finish the push-ups. Before I went back to school, I had these amazingly toned and lean arms and I could do just over 30 push-ups in a minute. If you didn't know, that's really good for a girl my age. Today, I can barely complete 10 push-ups without dropping to my knees to do more. But you know what? My arms look leaner today than they did when I started this blog! How awesome is that!? You know what else? Doing push-ups on my knees is a heck of a lot better than when I don't get off the couch.

I love that I'm taking the time to notice the changes to my body. When I first started exercising, I didn't take the time to notice. I wish that I had. Now, I feel like I'm doing it 'right'. I'm a little amazed at how quickly my body is changing. I mean, this blog isn't all that old and I can say that I've lost 7 pounds, roughly a pound a week. That's a healthy rate for weight loss. What's even better is that I measured my waist and noticed a definite change. It shows in the tape measure, I can feel it in my clothes and my boxing instructor said he noticed too.



I caved and got a little bacon this morning. Bacon just makes everything better!











I missed my morning snack and started eating lunch about a 1/2 hour later than normal...don't ya know, I was craving carbs by then! I got a little pasta in a creme sauce with chicken.


I also had a skim milk latte...









Post-work-out snack on the T. I was starving!










Some leftover chicken chettinand with basmati rice and steamed broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment