Friday, May 13, 2011

Alas, to be young again...

Today was PROM-tastic day at the office. We all brought in old prom photos and voted for who was the most 'Prom-tastic'. What a GREAT time!!! I didn't win, but it was such fun to see how young we all looked!


So, yeah, this is me...going to HIS prom. Other than, 'look at that hair!', all I can say is, 'WOW! I was thin then, and look how small my boobs were!' Wouldn't be nice if we could keep our teenage bodies forever? Unfortunately, we can't. And who knew that puberty had so much more in store for me up top? The worst part? We (ok, I) all thought we were fat back then.

So what can we do to get that body back? Probably nothing! At one point (before going back to school), I was back at my high school weight. The trouble was that it looked a whole lot different. There's this phrase that I like, you can never go home again. Meaning that no matter what you do, you can not turn back time and go back to exactly what you looked like 20 years ago. So, what we can do, instead, is take care of what we've got and be good to our bodies. That means eating nutritiously, getting regular exercise, and learning to love the body we've got.

That being said, after meeting with my nutritionist the other day, I decided it was time to measure my waist again. Afterall, I've noticed that my pants aren't quite as tight. Might be nice to see if I'm any closer to 30 or 31 inches. Well, I'm not there yet, but I'm 1 1/2 inches closer!! You can imagine how happy I was! I love these successful progress check-ins. Being able to see my own progress and feel it in my clothes helps to keep me moving forward and keeps me from ordering the pizza. It doesn't mean that I make perfect choices, but it means that I've got tangible proof of how sitting through a craving is worth it and working!



Standard regular breakfast...and the end of the strawberries. There was also a grande americano.












For lunch, a salad with a little pasta with feta and a skinny vanilla latte. This was one time when I had to listen to my cravings for carbs!









OK, this is my concoction for dinner...I sauteed some diced tomatoes with onion, red pepper, yellow squash, black beans and chicken. I seasoned it with chili powder, cayenne pepper and garlic with a little chipotle pepper salsa. As you can see, I ate it like a taco with a little low fat cheese. I had two and they were delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment