Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm going to Disneyland

I saw all my favorite gym people at the gym tonight!! I feel incredible when I can walk in there to meet up with two friends and then spend a little time with three others.

OK, so it's Tuesday and tonight's run makes work-out #2. So far, so good. I've got a few more work-outs planned for the rest of the week as well. I've also got a couple of questionable eating evenings coming up...they'll be good, but off the plan. At the moment, there's a plan to go out for BBQ after boxing class on Friday. On Thursday, I'm planning on seeing a co-worker's daughter's high school play. We usually have dinner as well on these evenings. Both she and her husband make such delicious food and I can't resist it!!

Today, I did well! I stayed on track, got some exercise, saw my friends and booked a trip to Arizona during my semester break in August. Yup. Arizona in August. Sound crazy? Well, it was either then or wait until Christmas. For those of you who don't know, my family lives in southeast Arizona. I don't get to see them too often. 3000 miles will do that. My mom and I do a road trip each year when I visit. It's great! I get my mom all to myself for a few days. This year, we're going to drive west through Yuma, AZ and on to San Diego, then north to Anaheim. I'm going to Disneyland!!! Trips with my mom are the best! They're also tough on my food plan. We do a lot of driving and I don't get a lot of exercise. We eat road food...you know, burgers, chips, and candy. And, don't forget my favorite sugary road food....Sno balls!!!!!

In case you were wondering, other road trips have involved Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Sedona, AZ, a giant meteor crater, the Wig Wam Motel, a drive through icy mountain roads, copper mine tours and the Petrified Forest. So COOL!!!

Did I make you want sugar yet?? I know I do. Good thing it's almost time for bed.



Standard regular breakfast...3/4 cup Uncle Sam Cereal with berries, 1 cup skim milk and scrambled eggs with a grande americano










Not wanting to crave carbs at lunch, I decided not to skip my morning snack today!












Corn! My other trick to not crave carbs today! A little sweet, a little carb-y. There was a hard-boiled egg in there too...otherwise, baby romaine, carrot, purple cabbage, cuke, tomatoes, red pepper, and sunflower seeds.








I was starving at the end of the day and knew I was going to the gym. The plan was to run tonight (cancelled due to rain), and I know that if I'm feeling hunger, that I have no energy when running. These handy pre-packaged raw almonds are sold at Trader Joe's. Raw almonds are naturally sweet too! I also had a skim milk latte.





Lastly, my mostly vegetarian dinner. Steamed brussel sprouts with butter and my sautee of tomatoes with black beans, red pepper, yellow squash, onion, corn and some chicken. This stuff is really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment