Thursday, June 9, 2011

What a feelin'!!

OOOoooohhhhhh! What a feelin'!!! I don't have to think about school for about 24 hours!! However, I do need to sleep. Last night I fell asleep on my couch while reading about Differential Cost Accounting. Don't know what that is? I'd like to say that I don't either, but I do. You know how the salesman at the electronics store says, 'we don't make much on that...'? Well, differential cost accounting may be part of how he knows that. Or, he could just be lying. Either way, if accounting is good for nothing else, it may be a cure for insomnia.

Luckily, I don't suffer from insomnia...if anything, I'm chronically sleep deprived. Which is funny, because one of our cases in class tonight was about manufacturing devices to keep people with narcolepsy awake. Anyway, I'm sleep deprived. Why is this a problem?? Remember ghrelin and leptin? Those little hormonal bastards just stick it to you every time. If you recall, ghrelin tells your body to eat and leptin says to stop. Well, when we're sleep deprived, we have more ghrelin runnin' wild in our bodies. Couple this with the fact that a generally slower metabolism is associated with being sleep deprived and you've got a recipe to gain. Gain weight that is! So, go to bed, get some sleep and remind me to take my own advice.



6/8/11

All week there's been no milk in the cafeteria...I'm not complaining, I like oatmeal. I miss my Uncle Sam cereal though. There was some pineapple under that there watermelon too!








Panera, where else?? I was told that the summer menu would be available on the 8th...I was told wrong. SO, I got my standard greek salad with the garden vegetable soup. This soup is a new fave!









Lunch salad for dinner in class











The fruit was supposed to go on my cereal this morning...











Nachos!!!












6/9/11
Breakfast...see, no milk. Oatmeal, berries, eggs and a few sweet potatoes. That's a latte this morning.











Summer menu is out today!!!!!! Lemon chicken orzo soup and the strawberry poppyseed salad. I got the salad w/o mandarin oranges and added cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. Ordinarily, I would skip the dressing, but I forgot. It was pretty sweet, so I'm pretty sure I ate more sugar today that in the past several weeks!







And again, the normal lunch salad for dinner.


I also made nachos tonight after class...

No comments:

Post a Comment