Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a plan

It feels so good to NOT have to think about school for the next 24 hours!!! That doesn't mean that I won't, but it's nice to know that I don't have to.

This has been a pretty long week for me. The weekend was mostly homework. Then class from 6 until 9 on Tuesday, Wednesday and tonight (Thursday, if you didn't know...) after working all day. Normally, this is the perfect time for me to go overboard with stress. I haven't though. Why?? Well, part of it is that this is still the start of the term and part of it is that I have a plan and part of it is that I'm so exhausted. I'm too tired to stress out. But let's get back to the part about the plan...

Each day I've planned my meals, and stuck to the plan. Each day I've structured my time, and stuck to the plan. I did both of these well. I could use a little improvement in the sleep department though. I'm guilty of staying up too late and getting up early. Last weekend, I also did well with getting some social time and some exercise. This weekend should be good for exercise again, but I'm not certain about social time. We'll see how that plays out...The point is, really, that having a plan and sticking to it takes the pressure off. It gives me a fall-back position when things go awry. If I have a plan, I know what I should be doing. It helps me to think about the choices I make...it helps me to NOT have ice cream at the staff meeting. Having a plan, and sticking to it, is an important facet of reaching my goals.

On the school-side of things, I've already gotten into one of my projects for class and am about to start another one this weekend. This semester is looking to be very interesting. I'm studying financial management for non-profits and philanthropy, public policy & fundraising for non-profits. Given that I've always worked for a non-profit, my semester is pretty exciting!




I sliced up the banana this morning and put it in the oatmeal...a little melon and some scrambled eggs!











This was meant to complement lunch...not replace it. Anyway, it's a little red pepper hummus, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves, olives and some pita pieces.










My 'lunch'. I actually ate my salad for dinner around 6pm.











A classmate asked me tonight if I would post photos of anything unhealthy that I ate. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment