Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grumpy. Who, me?

Did you have a day where nothing goes according to plan...and you're hungry?? Yeah, me too. In fact, I had that day today. Most of my day was just fine, it wasn't until the end that things went awry. I'm sitting in my office after-hours, trying to do my homework and the IT guy comes in and needs me to get off my computer! Doesn't he know that I'm trying to do my homework!? See, I'm getting a new computer at work tomorrow...about time too! It's been over 5 years since I've had a new one! Anyway, this poor guy caught me as I'm trying to do work on these spreadsheets, I'm realizing that I'm hungry, it's raining outside, I have no food, I lost my thumb drive, there's nowhere to get food that late on campus...did I mention he interrupted when I was hungry? Grrrrr.

It was one of those moments where you just want to focus on the positives...and yet...my hunger makes me grumpy and selfish and generally not nice. Again, I try to return to something positive...I just planned my road trip itinerary that afternoon. Focus on Disneyland and the Hoover Dam! (Yeah, I'm the only person I know who gets excited to go to the Hoover Dam...and I've been twice already.) Not even that works, I'm still grumpy with the lady at Best Buy, who's just doing her job and asking if I want to put a $10 thumbdrive on my store credit card. Seriously??

By the time I slog through the rain and baseball crowds and get to the T station, I'm sweaty and even more miserable and still hungry! By the time I get home, I can taste Kelly's Roast Beef (a sandwich shop across the street from my apartment that serves cheese fries that make you think you died and went to heaven...)! See, I know that THAT's how hunger affects me. I know that I get grumpy and am mean to a store clerk, the IT guy and then start to crave all sorts of unhealthy food. Fighting off these kinds of urges is why I need a plan and a snack at hand!



Went a little different here...cheese omelet. Let's just say, never again! The outside was rubbery and they used too much better. And believe it or not, there was some runny white part. Gross!

There's a skim milk latte in that cup!







Lunch was good...pizza, eh. The strawberries would ordinarily go on my cereal in the morning.











Yummy sweet steamed broccoli! It's like a love affair!
Lentils and a pork chop.


There were nachos after dinner too...

No comments:

Post a Comment