Monday, June 6, 2011

Progress or procrastination

Somehow, the world is always a better place after I've had some exercise and a hot shower! Tomorrow is going to be big on the schoolwork...

Tonight's run took us along a portion of the Charles River that I had not seen before...there were robins everywhere and gaggle of geese! There was a spot to rent kayaks or wind surfing thingys...All in all a very nice run.

I've noticed that I have not gotten crazy stressed yet this semester...I'm sure it's coming. I've got a ton of work to do, yet I've been honing my procrastination skills like you wouldn't believe! Today, instead of doing work before going running, I bought a new netbook. My laptop and cord are HEAVY!!! It's so heavy that I'm strengthening my core every time I carry it around! We'll see how it goes. I managed to get virus protection and Microsoft Office all installed all on my own...and based off of licenses I already have! I am so smart!

OK, coming back to procrastination and not being stressed. Am I actually making progress with my stress management, or have I found a new level of avoidance??? I don't know. What I do know, is that I have a deadline tomorrow and will be out of my mind with rush and hurry and gotta-get-this-done!! I do think that getting exercise into my routine and eating healthy is helping to manage my stress. In the past, I've relied on sugar and carbs. I know that all they do is give me a high, a crash and then a crave. In the meantime, I feel worse about myself for gaining weight and everything that goes with it. So far, not giving in to the sugar and carbs has helped me avoid that awful downward spiral.

And a little side note on my self esteem---I think it's all in our perception. Right now, I'm at about the same weight as last summer. Last summer, I was embarrassed to got to the beach...this summer, I can't wait to put on my suit and get some sun! What it is is that this year, my weight is on it's way down, not up. I can point to concrete things that I am doing to live in the solution. Last summer, I could show you how much ice cream I was eating. I always feel better about myself when I'm living in the solution and taking positive action.




Back to Uncle Sam cereal with skim milk and berries!!












I added a piece of chicken to my salad today...to make it seem different!










I inadvertently bought some apples that were larger than a small child...











mmm, mmm, mmm broccoli! A thin-slice pork chop and spicy potatoes with ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment