Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013!!!!

It's a new year and a new you!! Or, new me? Or, rather, a new four-legged member of my household...I'm fostering a little baby girl kitten, Sabrina, A.K.A. Curiosity. Ella, my cat, seems to be doing OK with his new roommate...he's not happy, but he's not violently angry. This is a much better response than was expected.

Of course, a new kitten isn't the only development in my life that happened at the end of 2012. I managed to finish the apartment cleaning and have a giant enormous mountain of things to go to Goodwill! This year's Possession Purge included much glassware from my kitchen, many old videotapes, some sports equipment, a few books (shocker!!), and much other stuff. I know this probably doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but for me, getting rid of stuff, especially books, is HUGE!! In the purge, I found some interesting things...especially in the kitchen.


The horror show found in my kitchen cabinet

 Now, even though I've been sooooooooo far away from what I should be eating and haven't made it to the gym as often as I should have this week, there's no excuse for this. No excuse what-so-ever for having corn syrup in my cabinet...and two different kinds at that!! Ugh. I'm embarrassed. Luckily, it's existence was as much of a surprise to me as it is to you and it is no longer in my home. The corn syrup went in the dumpster. Please know that I would never inflict this type of torture on Goodwill.

OK, so tomorrow is going to be my first day back at the office. I'm happy to re-introduce structure to my life, but I'm sorry that I'm doing it by returning to work. I hate to admit it, but going to work in the daytime makes going to the gym in the evening a whole lot easier...I already have plans to go to fightclub on Thursday. Structure makes life a little bit easier because it removes the decision. You make a plan and then follow it because all the decisions have already been made. Pretty simple.

 12/29/12

yogurt and coffee, the breakfast of champions!
 leftover pierogies, beet salad, and peas with mushrooms
Mmmmm, General Gao's chicken, rice and eggrolls from Shanghai Gate right here in my 'hood












12/30/12

leftover Chinese food










 12/31/12

more leftover Chinese...beef and scallions with rice and soy sauce
yogurt for a snack


There was much snacking at the new year's party...hummus and chips, guacamole, brie, pizza, and chocolates. All ever so healthy.








1/1/13

I probably had yogurt for breakfast...

corn with peas, chicken, and Checkers brand fries with turkey gravy


There was also popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment