Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hopeful

Hmm. It's been a fairly uneventful weekend. Good. Gives me time to think about this weight-loss program. There are some administrative obstacles, but I'm hopeful. The program requires that I attend classes. OK. I'm willing. The classes for the program are offered at the same time as my classes for school. There's the possibility of starting a class that is held during the day, but I would enter at the 4th class...they have a rule that you need to enter by the 3rd class. There's a medical work-up that needs to be done before attending. There's a question as to whether I could schedule that in time too, or whether my last physical would be sufficient. I'm guessing no because there was no bloodwork done. I should find out more on Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and avoiding shopping for groceries.

This weight loss program is quite strict. If I'm able to join, I will only be able to eat the food from this program. They gave us samples at the information session, it wasn't bad. There will be no going to restaurants, no friends over for dinner...I can go to a friend's for dinner, I'd just have to bring my own. Restrictive. Very restrictive. I think I'm OK with that. I know I can do it, I know it will be unpleasant, but I also know that it will be worth it. I like rules, I'm OK with rules. I'm wondering how bad it will get by mid-semester. Will it be enough to know that this is my final semester? Well...we'll see. I know that I can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. I know it's time to try something new. So, I'm hopeful.

 1/4/13

yogurt and granola
 Greek salad and bistro onion soup from Panera!
Chicken Tikka Masala with broccoli and cauliflower













 1/5/13

eggs, chicken sausage, berries and toast with jam
 grilled lamb with greens and potatoes
 homemade potato chips
chocolate...













 1/6/13

massive healthy eating day...

not shown: 3 chocolate dipped chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cups...or the second piece of pumpkin pie
 carrot cake was really the dessert
white bean hummus, pita, salad, and Moroccan chicken with rice

No comments:

Post a Comment