Saturday, January 19, 2013

Food snob

OK, so I'm at the end of Day 2 of my weightloss plan...and it was a freakin' chore to eat everything I was supposed to eat! Seriously, that's a good thing!! I'm still not in love with the entrees though. I tried the mushroom risotto tonight. So far, that one is the best. The others have all had a tomato sauce as the base...it's pretty clear that they all started with the same tomato sauce. I think the pasta fagioli and the mushroom risotto are keepers so far. I have not enjoyed anything with meat in it. It's like reconstituted chicken. I'm hoping that the beef entrees are better. At least there's no fish...Even the mushroom had some weirdly textured thing in it. You know, like the texture of the meet in Beefaroni? Kinda reminds me of the soy protein in a can that we used to make sloppy joes out of. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing right with it either.

If left to my own devices, I don't think I would normally eat this food. Again, it's not really bad, it's just that I'm a better cook. Maybe I'm a food snob? Nah! No food snob would willing admit to knowing what the texture of the meat in Beefaroni is like! I think I'm most displeased with the ingredients list. Too many things with too many syllables that would never be staples in my kitchen. Let's just say that I'm exceedingly glad that I opted for the plan that adds fruits and vegetables!

So, in spite of not being in love with the food, I did meet all eating goals today! I also made it to the gym. As part of this program, we're supposed to burn 2000 calories per week through physical activity. Walking counts. Ok...here's the weird part. At the intro session, the woman sitting next to me indicated that she didn't do ANY physical activity. I'm not sure how that's possible, but OK. Me? I ran 6 miles on the elliptical and then walked another 3 on the treadmill...a grand total of 2 hours and 15 minutes when you consider the cool down and the little extra to listen to a song. Anyway, based on the calorie calculator they gave us, I burned 1110 calories today. I estimate that I ate 1198 calories. Not bad!!

 1/19/13

OK, I did have a chocolate shake with a banana mixed in this morning too. I must have forgotten to photograph it.

apple and coffee
 OK, see, this is what I'm talking about. Would you believe that that is supposed to be a BBQ chicken breast????

Again, it's not bad tasting, but the texture! I opted for this one because it was the highest calorie item I bought and I knew I was going to the gym. I think I'm going to save lower calorie items for non-gym days.
 vanilla shake...I think I like it better than the chocolate! Both are good and my blender is getting quite a workout!

This was my post-gym 'meal'. I think I drank it down in about 2 seconds flat!
 mushroom risotto and broccoli

So far, this one's the best! Good flavor, lots of pepper for a bit of a zing!
After dinner desert shake
carrot snack

No comments:

Post a Comment