Sunday, July 24, 2011

Road food

Tonight I'm coming to you live from a hotel in Syracuse, NY...a little unanticipated road trip. You know what that means? Restaurants and more calories than needed. Yup. Oh, and probably getting sick from the rich food (probably, as in it already happened).

SO, I traveled to NY today because a family member passed away recently and I'll be attending the services in the next couple of days. I rented a car and drove from Boston to Syracuse. Along the way, I took the opportunity to visit with a friend who I have not seen in 20 years! L is just as handsome as he ever was and I hope to have the opportunity to visit with him sometime before 20 years passes again! I was also able to have dinner with my friend J who I haven't seen in over 5 or 6 years? Amazing! What a gift to reconnect with old friends and have a full-circle of life kinda trip.

It's very strange, being back with old friends and in upstate NY changes a person...for the better in some ways. Today, I felt like I was just able to be myself, unguarded. As if 20 years had not passed and there was no time or space between us. I don't know about you, but that is something I'm grateful for. Anytime I can spend time with someone and be completely at ease is something to be appreciated, enjoyed and savored. I was able to do that with both L and J. It is not lost on me that my life today is second to none and better than I could have ever imagined.





Uncle Sam cereal with strawberries and skim milk











Appetizer sampler from Ruby Tuesday's...when we ordered it, I commented this was sure to make me sick...and then I ate my share of each item anyway...











Grilled chicken salad with fried mozzarella...













Before you get the wrong idea...only the chocolate cake one is mine!











A little antipasto!













Yummy filet and broccoli...I forgot, if you want plain food in a steak house, you have to specify. My broccoli came with cheese and butter...I'm fairly certain the filet had butter on it too. Either way, they contibuted to the gastro-intestinal upset that later occurred as the result of eating fried food and dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment