Friday, July 29, 2011

Back on the bike

It occurs to me that I did not write about food, nutrition, exercise, goals, or anything else that's remotely related to this blog yesterday...that's OK. What I'm finding is that, while I'm chronicling my food, I've also been writing about work-school-life balance mixed with a little journaling. I'm cool with that. I assume that you are too, because you keep reading.

Truth is, the past week is all one big weird mesh that was not really conducive to my normal schedule, food plan or exercise goals. I know that we're all going to have times in our lives like this. I know that I get all out of sorts when I'm off schedule...what do I do with this information though?? I guess it's like riding a bike, if you fall off, you just climb back on!  So this is me, climbing back on and getting back to my daily life.

So, at dinner one night last week, there was this magician. He asked me to draw a picture on a card. I drew a tree with grass and a bird flying to the tree. He said it was interesting that I didn't just draw a tree, but I gave it context, a story. I don't know if this is true, but he said that that meant that I was the type of person who likes order on the outside but whose insides are all chaotic. Boy, did he ever hit the nail on the head! That's precisely how I've felt lately!

I know that exercise helps when I feel this way. I know that time with friends helps. I know that eating healthy helps...hey wait, aren't those the things that have gone out the window? Yup...and aren't those the things that I set goals about so that they wouldn't go out the window? Yup. Back on the bike...



Remember the waffle?? Well, this is what breakfast is supposed to look like!












Unfortunately, this banana was my lunch...not good, not good at all. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but not enough to be lunch.










Damn you, Starbucks, your little 'treat receipts' too!











OK, so a real meal...chicken with mango salsa, a little bit of brown basmati rice, and a sautee of onions, garlic, tomatoes, white beans and red chard. I so rarely eat greens, but they looked so good! Tasted good too. Besides, I read that if you eat enough greens that your poop will be green. I consider that a challenge!






One slice organic 7 grain bread with fresh ground almond butter and a refined-sugar-free strawberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment