Sunday, July 3, 2011

Consistency

What a great surprise I had today!!! My friend K was in the state and drove into Boston to see me! We went out to dinner and then hung out watching Star Wars. Holiday weekends and Spike TV are good for that!

In addition to having a great surprise visit, I also managed to get a run in at the gym. I gotta say, it was the most boring time I've ever had at the gym though. None of my friends were there and there were very few cute guys to look at. However, I did get a 60 minute run in. Let's face it, I need to work on my cardio and running at the gym is a big blast of calorie burning. Everyone says those machines are not accurate. Well, maybe not, but they sure are consistent! And consistency is what I need. Whether it's in my work-outs, my homework habits or my eating, I need consistency.

Consistency works hand in hand with planning. It helps me to make the right choice when I didn't bring my own food. It pushes me to go to the gym when I'd rather not go. If I do what I've always done, I'll get what I've always got. When I'm partaking in healthy activities and behaviors, this is good. On the other hand, when I'm consistent with, say, eating sugar daily, it's a bad thing. The trick is, to focus my efforts on positive activities. I like to call this 'living in the solution'. When I'm living in the solution, I'm sticking to my eating goals, my fitness goals and my social goals. When I'm living in the solution, I reap the benefits! The benefits? Health, weight loss, fitness, lower stress, higher self esteem, gratitude, and a generally larger amount of overall happiness. With benefits like that, why would I want to live any other way?



Really, that's just two eggs...with tomatoes, broccoli, onions, red pepper, yellow squash, and low fat cheese. Mango and strawberries, and oatmeal toast with fresh ground peanut butter and creamed honey.

Really, fresh ground peanut butter...from Whole Foods! If you haven't seen it, they have these peanut grinders. You grind out as much or as little as you want!





K took me to Legal Seafoods tonight. I had 2 rolls with butter.










Tomato and fresh mozzarella salad with pesto...gotta say, the one in the North End a month or so ago was better, but this was good. Love the yellow tomatoes!











Grilled sea scallops with broccoli and fries. I ate about 1/2 the fries (with organic ketchup) and about 1/2 of the broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment