Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The sanity work-out

Today was the first sane-feeling day I've had in a very long time. Amazing. Work was busy, but it felt like something was missing...the drama and insanity of having school on my mind and trying to work at the same time. Nope, today was different. Today, all I had to worry about during the day was work and then going for a run in the evening. Today is the first day of getting back to working out...a minimum of 3 times a week, just like I said!

Today's run was approximately 2 miles, not too long and not too far. I went with J and we pace each other pretty well. She pushes me when I want to walk and I push her to keep going beyond how long she thought she could go. She keeps me from pushing too hard too. It's funny, she told me that she'd like to be in my shape when she's my age...I've got over 10 years and 20 pounds on her. I'd like to be in the shape I was two years ago! That's OK, I can work on that after grad school. My jiggly butt, that's my MBA!!

So, today was my first workout of the week. I've got plans to go to boxing class on Friday night and I'll bring my gym stuff to work tomorrow. If I don't workout tomorrow, then I've still got Thursday and Sunday. I've said it before, right now, exercise isn't about losing weight. It's not about toning or training or strength or anything like that. Simple fact, I feel better when I exercise. I feel better physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Yes. Spiritually. When I say spiritually, I mean at peace, calm, serene. There's a quiet in my head that isn't there at other times. And perhaps best of all, I don't have as a great a desire to eat crap when I exercise.



Breakfast was a little different today. Oatmeal, fresh fruit, a hard-boiled egg and cafe americano.













A little snack before lunch...this is actually yesterday's yogurt photo.











Salad, as usual, but I don't know what that bready stuff was. I took one bite and threw it out. It was probably the most disgusting starch I had ever attempted to put into my body. I changed up the salad a little too, I put some olive oil and red wine vinegar on it.







Mmmmm, steamed broccoli, the last of the chicken and madras curry, basmati rice and a piece of kalmata olive bread with butter. You know you love to bake when there's plenty of butter in the house, but none of it has salt...


No popcorn tonight, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment