Sunday, April 24, 2011

Perfection is as perfection does

What a weekend!! Full of school, school and more school!! Tonight, I took a break to have dinner with a couple of close friends. As part of the discussion, one of my friends commented that I hold myself to extremely high standards. She's right, I do. It's weird though, I'm not competitive with anyone but myself. I don't mind if you're better at something than I am, that just means that you're showing me what I can strive for. I'm easily frustrated though, when I don't perform at a level that I know I'm capable of. In this sense, I'm a perfectionist. I don't have to be perfect in your eyes, just in my own.

That's why, what I'm about to tell you is, well, shocking. Tonight, I'm choosing a good night's sleep over perfection. You see, my group project presentation is tomorrow evening. It's worth something like 20% of my grade for the class. Pretty important. But you know what? I'm tired. No, not tired, exhausted. I don't get enough sleep because I stay up too late, not because I've got too much on my mind, or anxiety or insomnia, or anything like that. Nope, just because I don't go to bed early enough.

Sleep affects hormone levels and hormone levels affect weight gain and loss. Besides, I've been practicing the damn presentation all day. I still don't have it right. Staying up late isn't going to help, but a good night's sleep might. It's actually been shown that sleep deprived people perform worse in memory tasks than non-sleep deprived people. That being said, I'm going to bed.



Look familiar? It should, it's yesterday's breakfast...no worries, I ate the same thing this morning.










Greek salad and baguette from Panera, and low-fat chicken noodle soup from Shaw's (grocery store). The soup wasn't bad!











Yummy summer rolls and peanut sauce!! I didn't eat all of them, just most. That's carrot, cucumber, vermicelli and basil wrapped in rice paper. I'm sure there's sugar in the peanut sauce, but I'm not sure it's enough to worry about it setting off a craving.









Pineapple curry with beef and brown rice---ok, the curry was made with coconut milk (YUM!) and I ate all the vegetables and the pineapple. I left about 1/2 the beef.  I ate a little less than 1/2 of the rice as well.








Berry Freeze!!!! Ok, this is not stock food footage...this is the actual frozen plain yogurt underneath the berries and mango that I bought and ate tonight.


No popcorn tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment