Thursday, August 25, 2011

Not lazy

I feel like I've been lazy tonight...but I really haven't. I ran 3.2 miles (I intended to run a 5K and somehow had it in my head that it was 3.2 rather than 3.1. Either way, I ran 3 miles.), I did a few ab exercises and I did some arm exercises. My body kinda hurts. Yesterday, I ran 6 miles on the elliptical...far easier than 3.2 on the treadmill! Yet, I was sore after 6 miles. My next 10K is in October, Columbus Day to be exact. I've got about 6 weeks to get up to 6 miles outside or on the treadmill. Not a problem, right?

Right. However, school is starting in a couple of weeks. I've got some pretty big classes on deck for the term. The term will challenge me. I know I can live up to it and survive it, but I don't know how I'm going to handle it...at least for now, I'm going to work out as much as possible. I've got to lose the vacation pounds. I'd like to tighten up my tummy and lose the belly fat. I didn't take a picture of it, but I had nachos tonight...this is good. It was the end of the tortilla chips and the end of the cheese. This is a good thing.

OK, so there's my shredded wheat. Did you know that this stuff is actually good!?

What I like: no sugar, no salt and gets mushy but not too mushy in milk

What I don't like: 1 serving = 1.25 cups and 200 calories, only 8 grams of fiber.

The calorie count is why I went for the hardboiled egg. There's no guess work in how much fat and calories were added in the cooking process.



Yeah, pizza. Hey, you try to respond to over 100 e-mails in one day and not stress-eat!









NOTE: this picture is a re-creation...this is neither the actual yogurt nor the actual nectarine that I consumed.

I planned on running 6 miles tonight...I knew I'd need a little snack to make sure I had enough fuel.









Big salad with flax and oatbran pita. I put some vinaigrette on this again today. The nachos came after.

No comments:

Post a Comment