Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home from vacation

This is my first real post in quite some time...I don't have any nutritional advice to impart. No interesting facts to share...just a bit of a where-I'm-at report.

Well, I did not accomplish my eating or work-out goals in July/August...AND, as a result, I have gained 3 pounds. Actually, the three pounds is the result of eating a shit-ton of sugar on vacation. SO! This means that it's time to get back on track! Back to eating healthy and back to the gym! SO! Eliminate processed sugar and minimize carbs! Maximize veggies and control portion sizes!

As for exercise...Well, I ran for an hour tonight and did a few abs and some arm exercises. Kinda hurt. I've got plans for a run tomorrow and I'll go to the gym on Friday. As for the weekend, we'll see. I've got plans for both Saturday and Sunday that probably won't allow enough time to go to the gym. Next week, I hope to go to the gym as often as possible. I'll leave it at that for now because I'd like some social time too!

As my first act of recommitment, I went to the grocery store:


As you can see, I bought very healthy things...fruits, veggies, yogurt, and shredded wheat.

And now, for my food today....



Recognize the breakfast power sandwich from Panera?











Salad from Whole Foods with balsamic vinaigrette












Olive roll from Whole Foods












Yeah, I didn't say that I was perfect today.












Yummy fresh salad with 1/2 a chicken breast and and flax oat bran pita. There's some vinaigrette on the salad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment