Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm a real athlete

Well, my big idea to go to the gym this morning didn't pan out...I didn't have much confidence in it anyway. I did, however, make it to the gym tonight. I managed 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. Boring and difficult, but not bad for a girl who didn't want to go at all. Maybe I'll shoot for that morning gym time tomorrow? We'll see how that goes. If I don't go in the morning, I'll make in the afternoon.

Coming home from the gym tonight was very interesting. For those of you who did not see it on Facebook, I lost my first toenail. I know this really has no place on a food blog, but it's part of exercising and that whole life balance thing. It's kinda cool really. I feel like a real athlete tonight, and that feels pretty good.

Today was a good eating day. The work day provides structure and structure makes it easy to make healthy eating decisions. I did have a little pizza related indiscretion though...



OK, a little left over scallops in cream sauce with pasta, steamed broccoli, mixed veggies and chicken












There's that pizza indiscretion...salad and watermelon












Shredded wheat, skim milk, eggs with hot sauce, a few potatoes with ketchup and fresh berries

No comments:

Post a Comment