Thursday, September 15, 2011

Progress

I love being in school! Have I ever told you that?? Well, I do. I was completely unprepared for class tonight, but I still loved every moment of it!

A friend made me think, kind of jolted me back into paying attention really. I've been pretty lax about my eating. Pizza at lunch, ice cream, cheese fries...She asked if I had made a conscious decision because I had reached a goal. Unfortunately, no. I haven't. In fact, I've gained back 3 pounds. I'm not pleased with this. It's like I was talking about a few posts ago...I'm tired. And when we're tired, our decision making starts to fail. We get decision paralysis, we can't make decisions, our brains shut down out of exhaustion and we go for the easy way or the status quo.

There's no problem with the status quo if the status quo is a healthy eating plan. The problem is that I've gotten away from a healthy eating plan and my status quo involves foods that I know I should avoid. I know that I should and yet I don't. I give in because it's easier, because my body tells me that I'll feel better, because it tastes good, because I crave sweet. I know I shouldn't eat it, but I can't stay away. Today, I need a little progress. Progress, not perfection.

So, I'm not 100% without sugar today...but I did pretty well! It's tough to get off 'the sug'! I had a few little almond mini-biscottis...progress.

 9/14/11

There they are, cheese fries with bacon. In the back, that's a roast beef sandwich with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and BBQ sauce. The salad? It's still in the fridge.
 The salad? It got thrown away. The pizza? It got eaten. It was not a good day at work. It's never a good day at work when I don't get to each my lunch.
Lots of yummy fruit, eggs and oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins.











 9/15/11

I knew I shouldn't...and I did anyways.
 Salad for dinner....my classmates were very impressed!
 Today, I actually ate my salad...and a cup of beef barley soup.
My favorite place on earth! Panera for breakfast!!

1 comment:

  1. What you're doing is very brave, and inspiring Heather! It takes guts to put all of this out there.

    - Dara

    ReplyDelete