Sunday, September 11, 2011

Post-skydiving post

I've got a real good record going...posting every 3 days. Hmmmm.

We'll have to work on changing that. Tonight, I'm wholly distracted. I went skydiving today and can really think of nothing else. I have a bunch of school reading to do too...

Since I didn't die skydiving, it's time to stop making excuses and get back on track with the sugar. It's got to go!!! Time to get as much exercise as possible each week and get back to mostly veggies and protein.

I will say, that skydiving makes you HUNGRY!!!! There's a very vulgar term for how quickly I ate my burger this afternoon that I will not share here. I will leave it at 'I murdered that burger'. I was sooooo  hungry and I forgot to photograph it, you get the point though. While I'm now sated, I can't seem to get my head on straight to do schoolwork. Just a little distracted. What can I say? My mind is a little occupied with the fact that I literally FELL OUT OF THE SKY TODAY. Pretty freakin' amazing.

That's me!!! Free fallin'...

I would love to go again!!! I will say that the moment before we back-flipped out of the plane was the most terrifying moment of my life. But you know what? And I was thinking of this on the drive home. I'm so immensely grateful that I could do this. I thought back on my life to a time that was quite different from now. Back to a time when I would've said that I wanted to go but wouldn't have gotten off my couch. Just 6 years ago I never would have imagined that it was even possible for me to jump out of an airplane. Back then, I wouldn't have imagined that much of anything I do today was possible. My life today is a gift. A gift that I am extremely lucky and grateful to have. No matter what, I must always remember that, and I hope that all of you feel the same about your own lives. I know that this gratitude carries me through the hard times and is the overwhelming feeling that allows me to re-discover the world again as though it were the very first time.


9/9/11

Peach cobbler at M something O'Connors...it was just OK. I didn't actually eat all of it.

Side salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Chicken curry--lots of veggies. I had 1/2 of it wrapped to go and then forgot it on the table. 
 Chili nachos shared with the table
 Snack
Panera!!!! I had to get the lemon orzo chicken...it goes away soon until next summer.
Good start to the day











 9/10/11

I didn't eat a lot today, but what I did eat was mostly crap.
 The only healthy thing to pass my lips...
 It's called Clusterfluff. I couldn't resist. I'm human and this was the day before skydiving. If I died, it wasn't going to matter. 1 pint = 1 serving, right?

Nachos...













9/11/11

My post-skydiving meal...a bacon cheeseburger and french fries from the 99. I murdered this burger. Maybe it was the adrenaline, but it was quite possibly the best burger I've ever had.
Doesn't everyone eat ice cream while waiting to fall 14,000 feet???
 Jelly donut
See, the day always starts off well....

No comments:

Post a Comment