Friday, September 16, 2011

Living in the solution

A good end to a rough week!

As food days go, today wasn't bad...as work days go, today wasn't bad...as social days go, today wasn't bad. Turns out, the day was a 'make lemonade' kind of day! The week is over and I've got a bunch of great stuff to look forward to this weekend. I've also got a bunch of homework, but that's nothing new...What does Scarlett O'Hara say? Afterall, tomorrow is another day! That's kinda how this week went.

Tonight though, I did something great! A friend was auctioning herself off in a charity date auction and I went along for the spectacle of it all. No, I did not auction myself off. Just being in a crowded trendy bar was out of character enough without auctioning myself. But, I got all gussied up in my new 'Vegas dress' (the HOT one I bought in Vegas), wore some pretty high heels, and even put in my contacts.

I'm not a fan of being in crowds. I felt completely out of my element. To add to my discomfort, I don't like crowds (did I say that already?), and I don't like being touched by people I don't know. Of course, that last bit makes crowds even less enjoyable. All those people, all that noise...there were points when I thought my anxiety was going to explode out through the top of my head! What did I do? I told my friend that I was going to go stand in the back and get out of the crowd. And then, I walked to the back of the room where there was more space.

What's so big about that? I listened to my body. I recognized a problem and took action to solve it. I like to call it living in the solution. We all know someone who isn't happy in her life and she sits around complaining and rarely has anything positive to say. OK, maybe that person is a he, but it doesn't matter. We all know someone like that. Perhaps we are that person. Well, I know that I don't want to be that person. So, today, I choose to live in the solution. I choose to make decisions that are healthy for me in one way or another. I choose to take actions that will protect me. I choose to try new things when old actions no longer seem to be effective. In short, I choose to take responsibility for my life and my happiness. And it's amazing what wonderful things happen when I do!


1/4 lb. burger from Cheers...fries too

OK, there were a bunch of mini-biscottis when I got home. But now the package is empty. Good.
OK, I ate 1/2 before taking the photo...then at the other 1/2!

On the way home, I had a skinny cinnamon dulce latte too...
Fruit!!!! With eggs and some sausage

No comments:

Post a Comment