Thursday, March 15, 2012

Moving on to Abu Dhabi...

What a gastronomic event!!! I swear, my pants are not going to fit when I get home!! But it will all be worth it...the food here in UAE amazing. I highly recommend it...

Unfortunately, there is one very important dinner that I could not photograph. Suffice it to say that you will not see a picture of camel meat...Yup, they served us camel at Sheika Sheika's palace! It came complete with the best mashed potatoes I've ever eaten...sorry, Mom.

 3/12/12
full cream mango yogurt...yeah, nothing low fat about this. And BOY did it taste good!!!
/
 lunch at Price Waterhouse Coopers...I have no idea what was in the wrap, I just know it was not pork
 cookie snack
 Lebanese dinner....hummus, tabouleh, eggplant and salad
 cheesy thingies and goat livers...in case you were wondering, I don't like goat liver.
 grilled meat selection
 dessert selection
3/13/12

hotel breakfast











 buffet lunch at the Women as Global Leader's Conference (WAGL) at Zayed University, Abu Dhabi
 luncheon dessert
 Lebanese appetizers at the Heritage Gala
 dinner...roast lamb, lobster tail, veggies, ground lamb meatballs (kibbeh?) and chicken tikka with rice
 dessert...fresh fruit, cake and mousse
3/14/12

first breakfast in Abu Dhabi











 conference snacks
 conference snacks...

lunch was more of the same as yesterday...I forgot to photograph it.

Dinner was at the palace and I overate. However, it was delish...camel, potatoes, stuffed grape leaves, rice, lentils, desserts covered in gold leaf...you name it!
c
3/15/12

hotel breakfast with juevos rancheros











 lunch buffet...going for mostly veggies...I didn't finish because Bob Geldof and the Sheik came to lunch!
 a little Baskin Robbins treat in the hot dessert sun
duck with coffee beans (yes, you read that right) and salad at Stills, an English Pub in Abu Dhabi

1 comment:

  1. WOW, all these food look GREAT.. Hope to see more of your blogs, love it

    ReplyDelete