Thursday, March 8, 2012

Last post before UAE!!

Wow!!!! I leave tomorrow...I'm nervous and excited and nervous and overwhelmed with gratitude! I had a moment this evening where I just started crying...I'm so amazed at my life today. I'm so amazed that I have the opportunity to travel to the Middle East...A few short years ago, this trip would not have been possible for me. Today, I was able to look back at my life and to truly be happy about where I'm at and how I got here. I was able to look back and realize that everything leading up to today was necessary to mold me into the person who I am. I had to feel pain to know love, see ugliness to recognize beauty, and be stingy to learn selflessness. Today, I can make a choice...who do I want to be? I want to be the girl who has great opportunities and whose possibilities are only limited by her imagination. And I can't wait to find out who I become after this trip!

So truly, I am lucky. Every event in my life has brought me to this...to the eve before I embark on, what I hope will be, a life-altering trip! Tomorrow morning, I leave for the United Arab Emirates. Tomorrow morning, I leave for a trip that, whether I've known it or not, I've been working towards for a long time. Tonight, however, I am grateful for the life that I have.

 Oatmeal, fruit and yogurt...I did not eat the egg
 Steamed veggies and a little pasta, Italian wedding soup, salad...and that darned egg that I still didn't eat!
OK, so I forgot what this is called...it's an Indian dish and it starts with a K...there's brown rice, peas, cauliflower, carrots and all sorts of yummy spices with mung beans and lentils! YUM!!! No, I didn't make it, but I want the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment