Sunday, March 25, 2012

I still have my tonsils

Well, good news, there was no emergency tonsillectomy...just strep throat. As the doc said, it's treatable. SO. I'm on antibiotics for 10 days. I should have just asked for a vile of diflucan to go with the amoxycillan. Ah, well, the best I can do now is to keep up with my probiotics and eat plenty of yogurt. Gotta keep my gut-fauna in balance!! (Yeah, I went there...and if you don't get it, then you're very lucky.)

I am feeling better though, just getting a little cabin fever. I spent two whole days in bed and then a third not leaving the house. I just want to get out! I may or may not still be contagious. I felt so bad when I went to the doctor's that I didn't think to ask. As the link above suggests, I did take some time to look up my questions...I've been on antibiotics for over 48 hours, so I shouldn't be contagious anymore! I will, however, complete the full 10 day course of antibiotics. The bacteria that causes strep throat can also cause some nasty heart and kidney problems if allowed to linger unchecked.

You can imagine how excited I was yesterday when I could actually eat! I mean, I could eat before that, but it hurt a lot. Yesterday, I could actually eat!! Today should be even better...

 3/24/12

french toast breakfast treat with Pepperidge Farm 15 grain bread and maple syrup from East Dorset,VT
 Burger and fries from the pizza joint next door...not all that great
Shaw's brand Culinary Circle frozen pizza and greek salad from the pizza place next door



I did mention that I wasn't really able to eat solid food for two days, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment