Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How not to lose weight

So, I had a strange experience recently, and you may laugh at this. I've lost 5 pounds. Now, if you know me, then you know that I haven't been to the gym consistently in months. How'd I do it? Well, I've been so busy that I haven't had time to eat.

I don't recommend the 'not eating' diet. It's not fun. Between all the busy-ness that is keeping me from eating, the stress from having too much to do, and the abject hunger, I'm questioning whether or not I'll be able to maintain some semblance of sanity and/or survive this semester. I'm shocked that I have only flipped out at one person in the past two weeks. That is a true modern day miracle.

Regardless, I have been eating. Just not a lot.

I think it's important to remember that not eating is not healthy. It's not physically healthy to force our bodies to go without. It's not physically comfortable either. It's certainly not healthy mentally. When we're hungry, we can't be as present mentally as we need to be. These last couple of weeks are a good example of not maintaining balance. It's also a good opportunity for me to observe myself and my behaviors. Normally, I over-eat when under stress. What has been so different about these two weeks? Something for me to reflect on.

 9/25/12

fruit, granola and yogurt
pizza and salad













9/26/12

I'm not sure if I skipped breakfast or not...











 9/27/12

OK, so I can deal with the fruit flavors of Chobani, but I'm still not convinced on plain Greek yogurt
salad and pizza...I think I've eaten this every day for something like two weeks!












 9/28/12

I can never pass up the chocolate muffin
 yet again!
I LOVE Mexican food!!!! Enchiladas, beans, rice and pickled cabbage with chips and salsa at Sol Azteca

And a great night reconnecting with a friend!











9/29/12

I did eat, but I forgot to photograph it...I had a kachumber salad and madras curry with chicken and rice at Tanjore and then a dish of Chocolate Therapy at Ben and Jerry's. I neglected to eat breakfast or lunch though because there was no food in the house.


 9/30/12

little chicken and cilantro dumpling frozen treats
eggs with cheese and steak













 10/1/12

yogurt and an apple for breakfast
chicken, corn and penne arrabiata













 10/2/12

And here's my attempt to take my reader's advice. I switched up the plain Greek yogurt a bit. I'm not sold yet. I bought more, I'll try it again.
pizza and a salad that went uneaten

poor poor salad











10/3/12

yummy!! You know, this is my favorite granola


And I skipped lunch today and had chicken, corn and pasta for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment