Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chocolate


They call it comfort food for a reason, ya know! They say that chocolate is the most craved food by women. Well, of course it is! When we eat it, it releases endorphins and endorphins make us feel good. Others say chocolate contains anandamide which triggers the release of serotonin. And serotonin make us feel good too! Supposedly chocolate also has some wonderful things that stop anandamide from being broken down...leading to more and more and more serotonin. If there's one thing I like, it's MORE! Does it matter whether chocolate releases endorphins or helps to create serotonin? Not to me! It just tastes good and makes me feel good.

What's really going on? S.S.D.D. or Same Shit Different Day. There's some relief on the horizon though. The work retreat that I've been planning is tomorrow. By 4:30, that will be done and the big part of it off my plate. The follow up will be easier because I'll have help. The Vermont Retreat is coming up in a little over a week. I'm looking forward to getting that off my plate as well. These two events have thrown me some curve balls this week and my inner control freak threw a tantrum. It wasn't pretty.

Of course, removing those two items from my 'To Do List' won't relieve the stress from school and some other work tasks that are adding to it all. But that's OK, there's a light. The class I teach is over in mid-November, then it's Thanksgiving and several days off work! After that, I go to Orlando for a conference. And after that, the semester is almost over. Eye on the prize, eye on the prize...

 10/9/10

I'm not sure where the day can go when it starts with a cookie...
 chicken and rice soup and BBQ chicken pizza
pizza and a french toast muffin...this where the day ends when it starts with a cookie












 10/10/12

Now, before you think that I skipped breakfast, I didn't. I had yogurt and some granola. I just didn't take a picture.
Trader Joe's frozen mac and cheese. Perhaps the world's second best comfort food??











And there it is...the very crave-able, the very delect-able, the very eat-able...wondrous and sweet and smooth and rich and endorphin creating and serotonin triggering...CHOCOLATE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment