Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Focus vs. Fun

What a couple of days! I left work feeling a bit like I'd been hit by a truck today. I'm taking on some new responsibilities for the first time. As a result, I spent $3.7million of the College's money today. You'd think it'd be fund to spend this much money, right? Nope. It's kinda stressful.  I wouldn't trade it for anything though!

We all know how well I do when under stress...I reach for the carbs. Yup. I had a slice of pizza with lunch...and popcorn for dinner. Because I left work late today, I didn't make it to the gym either. I'm really not doing so hot at getting back on track with the work-outs. Believe it or not, my food choices are getting better. Really. Just the mere fact that I've been to the gym and have a goal of being in bikini shape for Aruba is helping on that front. It's not perfect, but we strive for progress, not perfection.

So what can I do to relieve the work stress? I can plan my meals and bring my own lunch. I can become uncompromising in my commitment to working out on a daily basis. I'm working towards a goal. Uncompromising is a good quality when focusing on a goal. The trick then becomes finding a balance and having fun while focusing on a goal. How much is too much focus? And how much is too much focus?


 6/9/12

Panera for breakfast...there was a steak and egg sandwich on a bagel as well.
 Salad and garlic fries as Flash's
 soft serve on a sunny Saturday!
 Madras curry and daal makhani from Tanjore in Harvard Square
A little chocolate therapy from Ben and Jerry's













 6/10/12

A honey dipped donut before diving...
 Post Skydiving treat!
 Lobster roll and fries for lunch
 nacho snack
I was so exhausted, and thus, frozen pizza for dinner













 6/11/12

mmm, the most important meal of the day!
 Mediterranean salad with chicken from UFood Grill...and I even ate the damned radicchio!
 bread and spiced oil
Giant salad from Regina's...and yes, I did have a small slice of pepperoni pizza












 6/12/12

raisin bran for a little change
salad and pizza to calm the stress












Movie theatre dinner...extra butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment