Sunday, January 10, 2021

Week 1 Complete!


My first week on this new weight loss journey is complete and I still feel energized, like there's a light at the end of the tunnel! The light is distant, but it's there. 

Today is the start of Week 2, and I'm off to a great start! I went for another hike near Lake Mead, this time on the Historic Railroad Trail. The trail itself is pretty easy and goes to the Hoover Dam, which happens to be one of my favorite tourist places. Between the hike and walking around the dam, I managed to hike just over 9 miles. Let's just say, I'm a bit sore, but...

In terms of the weight loss plan, it's a FANTASTIC start to the week! This plan requires that you burn 2000 per week through physical activity. Today's hike, according to the tracker in my phone, burned over 1000 calories!

I've also been keeping up with the squat and ab challenge. Yesterday was a rest day and today needs to be one too. 9 miles is wonderful, but I don't have it in me for squats and sit-ups after that. I'll pick it back up tomorrow.

Today's Challenges:
  • I didn't plan my food well and was pretty hungry during the hike
  • I've been fighting food cravings today because of not eating enough early in the day
Today's Wins:
  • I lost 4 pounds this week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment