Saturday, January 2, 2021

First Day Hike

2021 is here and First Day came and went...It seems I'm starting a new tradition of going on a First Day Hike. This is year 2 of the new tradition. You can check out a description of this year's hike of the Camp Beal Loop trail here


Knowing that I'm about to embark on a new weight-loss journey in just a few days, I've been "shaping the path" (thanks Brothers Heath!) to make incorporating exercise into my day that much easier. Some of this is just as simple as getting a little bit of exercise - going for a hike for example. I've also started a squat and abs challenge. I'm only 2 days into that. We'll see how that one goes. And, of course, I re-joined my gym. 

When it comes to food, I have some items I need to remove from the house. I've slowly started doing this. Very slowly. This one is more difficult. It's called Environmental Control, or EC. Basically, I've got to get the snacky foods out of the house. I also realized that I'll need ice and to make room in my freezer. I've reorganized and have trays full of ice. Tomorrow is my day to make a shopping list. I'll need frozen fruit to make smoothies out of the shakes and plenty of vegetables! 

Clearly, I've had a bunch of to-do items buzzing through my head. I'm basically breaking it down into small bites and doing a little bit each day. 

Today's Challenges:

  • completing all the cleaning items I wanted to do 
  • dealing with the parade of to-do items running through my mind

Today's Wins:

  • planned a hike for tomorrow!
  • chatted with a friend in the laundry room
  • successfully packed and re-organized the Christmas decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment