Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Start Strong!

Day 1 SUCCESS!!! I feel so energized today! Mostly mentally, but physically too. I was up at 4am to get my living room in order for a zoom exercise class at 5:15am. What fun!! It was a tough class, but that's to be expected since I'm not particularly in shape and the choreography is all new to me. I enjoyed it, that's all that matters. I think one of my favorite things about the class was that the instructor reached out on Facebook after to welcome and encourage me to join the class again.

For the food, I tried some of the new entrees. One completely sucked and the other was pretty good. I thought the yucky one would be good when I ordered it. I ordered 4. Now I'm stuck needing to eat all 4 in the next 2 weeks. I should probably just eat one per day for the next 4 days and get them out of the way. And I'll need to drown them in hot sauce. 

Anyhow, the HMR plan has this great app to track food, water, and exercise. I haven't tracked my water before and I remember how they used to tell us that sometimes when we feel hunger, it's actually thirst. Well, I'm going to take this opportunity to increase my water intake. 


The app really makes it easy. Each day, 3 shakes/cereals, 2 entrees, and 5 fruits and veggies are the minimums. For exercise, it should work out to a minimum of 2000 calories weekly. I ended up eating just over 1200 calories today. The best part though was that I didn't feel hungry or like I was missing out on anything. 

I'm a big geek and track this all separately on a spreadsheet too so that I can capture more detail than in the app. 







Today's Challenges:

  • early morning gym class - my back is stiff in the mornings
Today's Wins:
  • stayed "in the box"
  • LOVED the gym class and working out first thing in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment