Sunday, January 3, 2021

Another day, Another hike

Great hike today!! I went out to the Lake Mead National Recreation Area and hiked the Liberty Bell Arch trail. The first portion of the hike was forged by water, and the rest by fire. I love this contrast! The trail starts in a wash and just as it enters a slot canyon, there's a turn off to the arch. The path to the arch winds through and over an amazing volcanic landscape with rocks of all colors! There's even a mine shaft with abandoned WWII era equipment. 


Abandoned mine equipment
Bridge at the Hoover Dam
Awesome freaking cactus!
The mountains in this landscape rise up like cathedrals. Looking out over these vistas was awe-inspiring. 













All in all, a good day. Got some exercise. Got some additional information on more hikes from the Visitor Center. Actually, that was pretty cool. The woman I spoke with recommended another slot canyon hike and told me about a hike to a ghost town that was flooded when Lake Mead was formed. 

Today's Challenges:
  • the day's to-do list was not completed
Today's Wins:
  • I'm on my way to fitting exercise into my days
  • hiked about 5.5 miles today
  • my Christmas tree was taken out and recycled
  • have my alarm set super early to get to the gym in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment