Thursday, January 21, 2021

10 Pounds Down

Well, it's happened. I've fallen off the squat and abs challenge. I don't know what it is but I get about a week and a half in and I stop. I guess it wouldn't be a challenge if it were easy to complete. 

So, maybe I didn't have a win with squats and abs, but I'm doing great on the weight loss program! As of today, I've lost 10.8 pounds. My official weigh-in is Monday...so this measure can change. But no complaints from me! I'm an instant gratification kind of gal, so seeing results so soon definitely works for me. 

I've found a new routine in getting up for a 5:15am workout most weekdays. I wake up, get dressed, move the furniture, set up the zoom, and then sweat like hell! I never thought I'd enjoy working out at home. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, there's so much this year that I never thought I'd enjoy and then did. 


If you were peer into my windows in the morning, you'd see me leaping and flailing around. I'm sure it's quite comical. I have trouble keeping up, especially when the routine switches quickly to the floor. And there's plenty of exercises that I'm just not able to do. But that will come with muscle development. I've also been trying to get out for a 30 minute walk at least once per day. 

In addition to working out at home, I've continued to explore Lake Mead National Recreation Area. I did three short hikes last weekend and saw 9 bighorn sheep! One of the hikes was out to a town, St. Thomas, that was submerged when the lake filled in. 


I'm taking a class this semester too. It's Arizona Constitution and Government. I figured it could help me prepare for my fellowship experience later this year. It's the first week, and of course, I'm putting pressure on myself...that's just me though. I've had points this week when I've considered dropping the class. Not that I don't want to take it, but it's not like I need to add to my plate. I've never exactly been known to remain idle for too long though.

In the meantime, I'm plugging along and doing well.


Today's Challenges:

  • I have a short paper due tomorrow and not enough time to finish it
  • I'm freaking out that I'm going camping next weekend and have so little time to do my home work
Today's Wins:
  • The class material is so interesting!
  • I've lost 10 pounds!!!

1 comment: