Sunday, January 26, 2014

I shouldn't have done it

I did something the other night that I NEVER should have done. In fact, I know better than to do this! Many many years ago, I even changed gyms so that it would be more difficult to do this. I knew I was doing it when it was happening, but I couldn't stop myself...

So what was it? Well, it's pretty normal to notice what other people's bodies look like at the gym. Especially in the meathead weight room!!! On this particular night though, a woman's body caught my eye. Specifically, her ass while she was running. My god did she have a great ass! I know that mine will pretty much never look like that. Not because it can't, but because I don't want to do that much work to get it that way. A little later, I saw her looking at herself in the mirror. To me, it looked like she was judging herself. Whether she was or not, I may never know.

OK, so what did I do??? Well, when I saw her looking at herself in the mirror, I noticed how thin she was and how perfect her body was. Yup. That's what I did. I compared my 40 year old body to her (probably) 20 something body. I know better. Why is this so wrong? Because it took me a long time to like myself as I am. It took years to do that. When I compare myself to unrealistic images, it takes seconds to undo all the work I did, to feel like I'm not good enough, not thin enough, not pretty enough...just not enough.

Luckily, I came to my senses. When I did, I realized that I know her. And guess what, she's a really nice person! She's one of those people that you like to be around because she somehow sparkles. And she is pretty and she does have a great body. But she's also 20 something...and I'm not going to have a body like that in my 40's. Not because I can't, but because I'm not willing to put that much work into it. I'd rather have a life that balances more than just the gym and working out. In fact, I choose to have a life that involves more than just going to the gym. I choose to have a life that involves eating pizza and chocolate.


 1/19/14

cheese ravioli, corn, broccoli, fruit salad
 PIZZA!!!!!
Greek salad








 1/20/14

leftover pizza and fresh fruit
savory chicken, broccoli, and squash
beef stroganoff, corn, fiesta blend veggies








 1/21/14
cereal and fruit

cheese ravioli and veggies







 1/22/14

pasta fagioli, corn, and broccoli
turkey chili, corn, and mixed veg








 1/23/14

pasta fagioli, squash, broccoli, and fruit
pizza and salad








1/24/14

BBQ chicken with rice & beans, fiesta blend veggies






 1/25/14

tomatoes, avocado, eggs, and steak
 salad with chicken
 berries
spaghetti, broccoli, and mixed veg








 1/26/14

cereal, berries and coffee!!
chicken with buffalo sauce, cauliflower and broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment