Friday, February 14, 2014

Heartbreak and calories

Ever notice how a thought or a memory can sneak up on you and change your entire day? It happened to me. Today. See, it's Valentine's Day. A day to celebrate love...if you're in a relationship. If you're single, Valentine's Day has the potential for disaster, but only if you let it have that power. Well, I was going about my day, genuinely happy for a co-worker who received flowers, almost forgetting that it was Valentine's Day. Then, I'm home and read some post on FB and am taken immediately back to one particular Valentine's Day in the 90's.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...I love drama! But seriously, just that one memory threw me. I hadn't thought of that day in ages. I like Valentine's Day, whether I'm a member of a couple or a single woman. It's a fun holiday. But that year the day was great, little did I know what was in store for me not long after...Remembering that always gets me a little down. It's hard to believe that so much time has passed and yet that memory can still affect me.

It's funny how something, anything, can take so little time to do, yet so immeasurably long to recover from. Love and heartbreak are like food and weight. Two weeks on vacation and I gained 5 pounds. It's going to take much more work and longer to take that back off. Just like getting over a heartbreak, I'm not looking forward to it. But just like a heartbreak, there's no point in beating myself up. It's time to take charge, take part in healthy activities, ask for help, and be accountable! This means getting back to healthy eating and getting back to the gym regularly, if not daily. It means believing in myself and remaining committed. It means taking the next right action and avoiding the cookies and brownies and ice cream and other various sweets.

In the end, if I do the work, I'll get the results. It just takes a little longer to undo than it took to do.

 2/27/14
cereal and peaches
 savory chicken, cauliflower, squash, and berries
Shabu!!








 1/28/14

cereal, berries, and banana
steak strips, cauliflower, broccoli, and peaches








 1/29/14

savory chicken, corn, broccoli, berries and peaches
pizza and salad








 1/30/14

sausage, egg, and cheese
buffalo tenders
cheeseburger and fries








pizza and salad
1/31/14

chicken fried steak!!!!! eggs, hash browns, biscuits, and fruit
 nacho fries with chili
steak and beans








 2/1/14

fruit and yogurt
 pizza slice
carne asada burrito








2/2/14

chicken and veggies
 ribs, stuffed pizza, pasta salad
buffalo wings
fruit salad and cheese cake
fruit, yogurt and cereal








 2/3/14
fruit, cereal, and yogurt
chicken and veggies
cheeseburger, cauliflower and pasta salad








2/4/14

fruit, yogurt and cereal
pork tacos, corn and beans
ham, carrots, cabbage and potato
chicken quesadilla








2/5/14

fruit, yogurt and cereal
eggs, ham, peppers, onions, and mushrooms
pierogis, kielbasa, sauerkraut, corn, and cauliflower








2/6/14

fruit, yogurt, and cereal
 pasta, salad, soup, calamari
salad








2/7/14

eggs, cheese, ham, peppers, onions and mushrooms
 nachos
steak, beans, and veggies
Coldstone!!!








2/8/14

BLT and fries


I had Chinese for dinner...



 2/9/14

fruit, yogurt, granola
lettuce wraps

spicy chicken with rice for dinner






2/10/14

chicken fried steak!!!!! eggs, bicuits, hashbrowns and grits


There was In-n-Out Burger for dinner



 2/12/14

apparently there's photos from the 13th

pasta fagioli, and veggies
mushroom and truffle ravioli, salad








 2/13/14

pizza salad
pasta with chicken and veggies








 2/14/13

BBQ chicken, corn, fiesta blend veggies, peaches
mandarin orange chicken, rice, and mixed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment