Monday, November 26, 2012

Florida eats...Gator!

Yup, you read that right. Gator. As in alligator. Those adorable creatures that I was feeding and holding and petting yesterday at Gatorland I was eating tonight for dinner. It was wrong to eat them in the park, but not in the hotel! Admittedly, alligator is not something I'd like to eat every day. It was a bit tough. It was more of a I-have-to-try-it sort of thing.

Apparently, alligator is quite healthy, as meats go. Roughly 110 calories in 4 ounces, low in saturated fat, high in protein, and the tail tastes like chicken! They say that the dark meat tastes more like pork or frogs' legs. As if I know what freakin' frogs' legs taste like! That's just absurd!

On a non-food related topic...today is my mom's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mom!!!!! If you know my mom, wish her a happy birthday will you? She's celebrating with a new Arizona Cardinals jacket.


 11/26/12

some in-room yogurt, granola and fruit. Gotta love the mini-fridge!
 chicken salad on a salad with chips
 salmon sashimi...it's good, but I've had better
 OK....here's the alligator!!! You weren't expecting alligator sushi were you?? The roll with the spicy mayo is the alligator. The other one is tuna.
a litttle chocolate ice cream for dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment