Monday, November 12, 2012

Bear Grylls style

Last time I was this wound up, it was Finance. This time it's Marketing. I wouldn't say that I particularly enjoy this class. I would say that the material is valuable and interesting though. I would also say that it's heaped on in proportions that were previously unheard of, that is, until I took Finance. Fucking finance.
There's four weeks left of the semester...just four measly little weeks. Then four weeks off. At least I think It's four weeks off. Regardless, four little tiny weeks left. Two of them do not even introduce new marketing material! It seems like such a small block...unfortunately, I'll be doing nothing but schoolwork from now until then. I'm not certain that I can handle it. I have to though. I have to handle it. I have to keep plugging along. i have to prove to myself that I can do this because I have to believe that I can do this!

Somewhere, somehow, I'll find that faith. And how do I know it'll all turn out alright? Because each night I go to sleep and I have this dream...
I have this wonderful dream where I win -
Where I win ev'ry battle I fight,
And I kill ev'ry dragon in sight.
(Thank you, Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse!) 

Maybe I'm just being dramatic...but really, I go to sleep feeling that I've accomplished something, that everything is going to be OK in the end. I'm content to know that I'm just not at the end yet. I'm content to know that I'm not given more than I can handle. That's most nights. Tonight is not one of them. Tonight, the goal is survival, Bear Grylls style! Time to buckle down, nose to the grindstone, laser-sharp focus, all that. Raw, wild, adventurous! Just like Bear would do if Bear were an MBA student taking my marketing class!

11/6/12

berries, yogurt and french vanilla muffin
Pizza and salad

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 11/7/12

mmm, pomegranate!
 pizza and beef noodle soup
Stouffer's French Bread Pizza--only good in a pinch.
Not good at any other time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 11/8/12

granola and yogurt--ignore the coffee cake. It was stale, I threw it away and complained to the food service folks.
 OK, I doubted guac on pizza, but it was goooood!
mushroom barley soup
  Trader Joe's frozen Mandarin chicken with hot sauce, 
brown rice and green beans
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 11/9/12

yogurt and fruit
 Dave & Buster's nachos
 fries and buffalo chicken sliders!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 11/10/12

weekend breakfast!
 What a great looking dinner...with my homework...
 
risotto, peas and chicken
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 11/11/12

weekends are so good for breakfast!

eggs, pineapple, strawberries and toast
 frozen pizza for dinner (and breakfast tomorrow!)
  11/12/12
 
In all fairness, I had nachos for lunch...
Steak, broccoli, risotto and my homework  

No comments:

Post a Comment