Sunday, June 9, 2013

Ups and downs

I'm having more ups and downs than I would like...

I did great getting back into working out daily...running, the gym, and fightclub! Fightclub was probably the best! But then, no weight came off. OK, I can deal with that. I'm working towards a goal. I've got a 10K coming up. Having a goal makes the weight easier to deal with. Having downs and set backs though makes eating light/low calorie harder to do though.

What setbacks, you ask? Well, while running the other night, my hip started hurting. I assumed it was something with my muscles. I tried to stretch on the spot. I got some stretching tips from a friend...Yoga stretches. YUCK! But I did them anyway. A personal trainer friend offered some strengthening exercise advice for when I'm back on the mend. I even went to the doctor. Bursitis. That's what the doctor said. Other than Advil and ice and rest, there's very little I can do about it.

This is setting me back with running. I hurt myself on Wednesday, today is Sunday. I haven't been able to exercise. Luckily, the rest is doing me good. The pain is subsiding and my limp is almost entirely gone. Doesn't mean I can run just yet though. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll still be able to run the 10K on the 23rd.

Sooooo, there are ups too! Granted, I've been bored out of my skull at home and had to cancel running with my friends this weekend, I tried a fantastic new recipe and pulled out some needlework to work on. Maybe this will be some inspiration to get back into some creative things while at home in the evenings? I'd forgotten...and it's always good to rediscover. So maybe, just maybe, being forced to slow down isn't so bad?

 5/27/13

Memorial Day - steak and egg bowl at Panera...they actually got my order wrong. This was good, but it still wasn't what I ordered
 mushroom risotto and mixed veggies
 grilled chicken, veggies and potatoes
dessert selection








 5/28/13

hot cereal and fruit
 salad and savory chicken entree
chicken and hummus bowl, minus the hummus...with bread








 5/29/13

veggie stew with beef, mixed veggies, cauliflower and peaches
chicken, veggies and potatoes








 5/30/13

hot cereal, raspberries, and peaches
 pasta fagioli entree, corn and cauliflower, and cherries
chicken and hummus bowl (minus the hummus!), onion soup, and bread after kickboxing class







 5/31/13

hot cereal and peaches
 steak strips with peanut curry sauce, corn and cauliflower, and salad
chicken with buffalo sauce, potatoes and garlic green beans








 6/1/13

raspberry almond pancakes (mine are way better!), sausage and fruit
 Mmmm, guacamole on the patio!
 pork and black bean nachos
tuna and mandarin orange ceviche









 6/2/13

Eggs, ham, potatoes, English muffin, and fruit - sating the appetite before hiking!
chicken with buffalo sauce, potatoes, and broccoli








 6/3/13
I caved...cinnamon stick for breakfast
 mushroom risotto, broccoli, corn, and peaches
 greens, grapes, cheese and walnuts with balsamic vinaigrette
pizza!!!








 6/4/13

turkey chili, broccoli, corn, and peaches
 pepperoni pizza from Otto
Awesome salad!! cabbage, apples, and green onions with goddess dressing








 6/5/13

hot cereal and fruit
 steak strips with peanut curry sauce, corn and broccoli
 raspberry sorbet, vanilla ice cream and oreo crumbles
cheese ravioli, broccoli, cauliflower, and peaches








 6/6/13

hot cereal and an orange
 pasta fagioli, broccoli, cauliflower, and peaches
salad and buffalo chicken pizza...this is what I eat when I'm injured and in excruciating pain. Actually, this was the day after I injured myself. I had tried to run and just ended up in more pain than when I actually injured myself! It was the worst walk home...





 6/7/13

hot cereal and raspberries
 salad and 5 bean casserole
 peanut butter filled cupcake at the office party
new recipe!!!!!!! Asian flank steak with cabbage salad

YUM!!!!!






 6/8/13

savory chicken, corn, and mixed veggies
 BERRIES!!!!
bread and EPIC salad with fresh herbs and the leftover Asian flank steak








6/9/13

Yummy eggs with yellow squash, zucchini, onions, red peppers, fresh herbs, and salsa!





Amazing salad - fresh herbs and veggies! And some curried chicken breast with the cabbage salad from last night. As delish warm as it was cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment