Friday, April 12, 2013

What's next?

Holy Guacamole!! As of tonight, my last post had 91 views...I think I may be famous. Cool. Thank you all for reading and sharing in my success. I mean, I've been doing this for myself, and you have helped me by coming along for the journey. The best part? That it's not over! There's still more to do. I've reached my goal, I feel energized mentally and emotionally. And now, it's time for a longer term commitment to healthy eating and to dive back in to fitness. But first, a few more weeks of school and then graduation and vacation.

What's next?

Graduation will mark the accomplishment of one goal and the beginning of a new chapter in my life. This is one change that is not marked with doubt or fear, just anticipation and excitement. What does this mean? What do I want to accomplish next? I'm not certain yet...but I know there are some things that are on my list.

Boxing
Kickboxing
Hiking
Mountain climbing
Camping
Jewelry making
Needlepoint
Painting
Exploring the city
Beach days...

The list could go on...and on and on and on...

I won't bore you with everything I'd like to do this summer. What I will tell you, is that now that I'm down to my pre-grad school weight, I'd like to get my muscle tone back. That's definitely next. And that will take some time. I wish it were as easily quantifiable as losing weight. It probably is...I haven't done body measurements in a bit. I suppose the muscle would show up there? I'd still lose inches as the layer of fat comes off, but I'd probably gain a pound or two as I build muscle. Is muscle actually that heavy? I mean, it's heavier than fat, but is it a full pound or two? Is my scale actually sensitive enough to detect it? I don't know. And for today, it's OK not to know. For today, it's enough to have reached one goal.

 4/8/13

mmm, it's like summer in tupperware!
 5 bean casserole with hot sauce, broccoli, cauliflower and honey dew melon

turkey chili with corn












 4/9/13

Would you believe that this beautiful salad came from the grocery store salad bar?
 steak strips with broccoli and cauliflower
And since I had to have 2 entrees...savory chicken with vegetable hodgepodge












 4/10/13

snackin' on some peppers
pasta fagioli with cauliflower and broccoli













 4/11/13

cereal and banana
 steak strips with corn
5 bean casserole with hot sauce, broccoli and cauliflower












 4/12/13

fruit cup
 peppers
 cheese ravioli with cauliflower
This was a meal for the record books!!

veggie stew with beef, veggie hodgepodge and sauteed potatoes with peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment