Monday, January 9, 2012

Post with no name

I had planned on writing an actual post tonight...but I'm not going to. Time got a bit away from me and...I found out tonight that a woman I know took her own life last night. I didn't know her well, but I had coffee with her a couple of days before Christmas while she was in Boston for the holidays. I don't even know how long it had been since I had seen her before that, but her hair was longer and blonder, she looked great and seemed happy. That's just it though, we never know what life is actually like for another person. And so many of us spend a lot of effort dressing up the outside to hide and disguise what's on the inside. I'm torn between thinking about this and feeling grateful for my own life.

I don't have any advice and I don't understand her choice. I don't understand how someone's pain could be so great that she would need to take her own life, whether it was intentional or not. I do, however, understand that the problems I think I have and that the problems you think you have probably don't amount to much. I can identify with how she must have been feeling; alone, sad, hurt, angry. We've all been there at some point, but not to the extent that that much booze and that many pills seemed like a viable solution.

I'll post my food photos, but I hope that anyone reading this will take a moment to consider his or her own life and find something in it to be grateful for everyday. With a grateful heart, no problem is insurmountable.

 1/5/12
chicken, broccoli, and corn 
 chicken soup, salad and a roll
fruit, yogurt and granola, hard boiled egg












 1/6/12

I guess I had nachos for dinner
 ice cream cake for the office birthday party
 Panera lemon chicken and orzo soup, salad and a little buffalo chicken
fruit, oatmeal and an egg












 1/7/12
Smith and Wolensky's for dinner!!!

truffled mac and cheese and broccoli
 my filet, oscar style..I did not eat the asparagus
 salad
 raw tuna on a Himalayan salt block
 bread with my seltzer water
 The Harrington Salad from Flash's
eggs with veggies, cheese and salsa, toast with jam












 1/8/12
buffalo wings at Cheers...I ate 3 of them, very spicy
 burger and fries
 salad
 one of those protein boxes from Starbucks
 Remember that new Panera sandwich I had before it came out?? Well, it's out!
 leftover cake for breakfast
coconut cake dessert from Smith and Wolensky's...as you can see above, I did not eat it all in one sitting.










 1/9/12

this is what emotional eating looks like...
 healthy dinner...pork chop, broccoli, corn and baked butternut squash with a little cinnamon and nutmeg
 Big salad with a few add-ons...pasta with pesto, you can see my leftover filet from Smith and Wolensky's on the salad. YUM! (especially after I washed off the excess bernaise sauce)
 apple for a snack
fruit, egg, yogurt and granola for breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment