Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fighter fitness

Hmmm, I'm freakin' exhausted tonight and am hoping to be in bed between 10 and 10:30...we'll see.

Ok, so far I've basically stuck to my new work-out goals...I did take yesterday off to rest though. Tonight, I took what was possibly the most difficult class that I've ever survived: Fighter Fitness. So, we start with jumping rope for 15 minutes with little breaks to do push-ups, squat thrusts and squat thrusts with a push-up. Later, we did a series of 5 exercises, each one five times and for 1 minute each: squat thrusts, kettle bell swings, squat thrusts with a push-up, shoulder presses, and burpees. After all that, we did some weird twisty thing. You start out on all fours, kick a foot to the opposite side underneath you and land on your back. Then, you get up from that position by untwisting yourself. Lastly, you do it all over again going to the opposite side. THEN, yeah, not done yet...then we laid on the floor next to another person, heads to feet. We locked arms underneath our legs and used our abs to propel our bodies upwards onto our shoulders and over to swap sides with the other person. I don't even know what the fuck that is called! And I'm sure that my description doesn't really explain it. Anyway, I didn't think it was possible to sweat that much.

I bought a one month membership at this gym...I think I'm going to have to look into their fees for when this month is up...I want more!

And onto today's food....



Looks a lot like last night's dinner?? Well, chicken tonight with leftover veggies from last night.
 Big ol' salad with a little pasta
 mango and raspberry
oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, granola, and cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment