Sunday, June 29, 2014

Importance of self-care

What a difference a day makes!  After a couple of weeks of feeling sorry for myself for all this crap happening to me, I finally feel good. I finally feel like me. All it took was a little self-care that was long overdue.

Just goes to prove the importance of self-care. Without it, my physical, mental and emotional well-being are in jeopardy. If I fail to take care of my physical, mental and emotional well-being, I am irritable, restless and discontent. And that's a recipe for disaster.

What did I do? I took time out for a massage. I practiced a little meditation. I spent time with friends. I left work at the office. I got some exercise. I got a full night's sleep. These are all the things that help to keep me balanced and happy. They help to quiet my mind and relax my body. They all help me to realize that stuff happens around me rather than to me. They help me be OK with plans not working out, with not getting my own way and anything else that comes my way.

With proper self-care, I can feel like myself again. With proper self-care, I can always be ready to take on the world!

6/22/14

mmm, chicken tacos and salad






6/23/14

pasta fagioli, veggies and fruit






6/24/14

savory chicken, veggies and fruit

Pepperoni!








 6/25/14

salad, pasta, fried cod
mandarin chicken and broccoli








6/26/14

BBQ chicken and veggies






6/27/14

cheese ravioli and veggies






 6/28/14

chicken wings
 hummus platter and onion rings
 mmm, dinner salad
Heaven in a dish. With caramel.
lunch salad






6/29/14

Shabu
 duck, greens and root veggies
brownie, ice cream, berries and whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment