Saturday, June 14, 2014

Endings and Beginnings

Here's to Endings. May they ever provide the promise of a new beginning. 

In the immortal words of the Sound of Music, "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window."

It's just too bad that life wasn't more like a musical where we all get to escape the Nazis and start a successful ski lodge in Vermont. Ok, so I don't want to have a need to escape the Nazis, but it would be nice if all of our troubles could be sung away...

Maybe this is just one more way that the fear of the unknown is coming into my life? I've been trying to reconcile actions with desires lately and got a little external help. Kinda goes back to the idea that if you want to change, you have to act as though that change has already occurred. Or, at least, remember that it's our actions that outside world sees and on which we are judged, not our thoughts or intentions.

Regardless, there's something I want, but my behavior is out of whack with that desire. Today, I got a gentle, yet still unpleasant, nudge to remind me of that. Problem solved, right? Oh, I wish it were that simple. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe that things in our lives happen for a reason and that people move into and out of lives as we (and they) need. We all serve a purpose to one another. I can only hope that the purpose I serve in your life is a positive and productive one.

So, here's to one ending. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to discuss it in a caring and respectful manner. I am grateful for the experience, caring, and shelter that this person provided to me...though this person is probably unaware of their own generosity. I'm grateful for what will remain of this relationship and wish this person all that was given so freely to me, and so much more.

So, here's to one ending and all that can come into my life next because of it. Here's to beginnings.

 5/28/14

pizza, veggies and fruit
pasta with chicken and cream sauce, broccoli








5/29/14

Firehouse Salad from Thornton's...Love on Lettuce!






 5/30/14

Chinese buffet
Watermelon and salad
Mmmm, Disco Fries!
Greek salad wrap and salad








 5/31/14

scallion pancake
 flaming pupu platter
 General Gao's chicken
Mmmm, Soft serve!








6/1/14

leftover Chinese






 6/2/14

my new snack delivery service... graze.com!
 savory chicken and veggies
buffalo chicken pizza and salad








 6/3/14

cheese ravioli and the salad from last night
 OMG! Tuna and avocado salad
 duck breast to die for!
chocolate truffle cake








6/4/14

pasta, veggies and fruit






6/5/14

pasta fagioli, veggies and fruit






6/6/14

don't judge, it was a rough day






 6/8/14

shrimps
 salads, veggies, and chicken skewered on a rosemary branch
berries and cream








 6/9/14

yogurt, granola, and berries
 pizza and salad
sushi








 6/10/14

cheese ravioli, veggies and fruit
 salad with lemony vinaigrette
Mmmm, pizza








 6/11/14

pasta fagioli, veggies and fruit
chicken creole, collard greens, white rice, carrots








6/12/14

duck, collard greens, cherries, white rice and mixed veggies






 6/13/14

cheese ravioli, veggies and peaches
Mmmm, Chinese!








6/14/14

beef stroganoff, mixed veggies, and corn





 gyoza
spicy avocado and crab salad
 squid roll
raw fish and rolls and sushi, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment