Saturday, June 21, 2014

Walking without a limp

So, I'm trying to write a blog entry...and my mind is so clouded that I'm having trouble. It's been quite an interesting week...
  • started physical therapy
  • a technology guy lying on the floor during my presentation
  • experienced a pretty significant change in a long-term relationship
  • fought my own negative self-talk about many various and sundry insecurities (yeah, lots)
  • 4 am messages from a psychotic woman who I've never met
  • cried in front of my boss
  • found acceptance around the fact that I will not be running my 10K at the end of the month
  • rearranged my priorities so many times that I no longer know what's on my To Do list
  • partook in much emotional eating to find the aforementioned acceptance
  • worked far too many hours and slept far too few
Ultimately, I managed not to yell at anyone for any reason. A miracle in and of itself. And THEN, the most magical thing happened tonight. I walked without a limp for the first time in over a week! (For those of you who don't know, I tore a muscle in my calf. And thus, the physical therapy) After this week, it's the little things. Like walking.

 6/15/14

breakfast at Panera with fruit from home
 Yeah, I don't even remember what I put into this stir-fry
nachos








 6/16/14

savory chicken, veggies and fruit
burger and potatoe salad!








6/18/14

BBQ chicken, veggies and fruit






 6/19/14

consolation ice cream
mozzarella wrap, pasta salad, and cookies






6/20/14

firehouse salad and fries






6/21/14

creole chicken, corn, yellow squash, and mixed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment