Saturday, April 26, 2014

Healing Stillness

Well, it's a cold and rainy spring day in Boston. That means I don't have to feel guilty about spending a day mainly on the couch in front of the TV! Sitting on my bum won't be the only thing I'll be doing though. There's always laundry and vacuuming and other cleaning to get caught up on. Exciting day.

Every now and again, I need time to just be still and do next to nothing. At times when I'm struggling to find balance, being still is healing. It rejuvenates me. But it's more than that. It's time for me to remember that my life isn't all about work, running around, or...just plain running. Yeah, I've started running pretty regularly in anticipation of my upcoming races. I'm not pushing it, I'm up to about 4.5 miles and ready to start slowly pushing the distance. As I move on to greater distances (or speed up on the lesser distances), I find that my legs need time to recover. Rest. Stillness.

Actually, a day of being fairly still is mentally and emotionally healing, as well as physically healing. I mean, I'm not new to running, but I'm building back up from last year...it's almost like starting over. And that means that my body needs time to renew itself physically, just like I need renewal mentally after a long week. It's days like these when I need other forms of expression. Something artistic...my cross-stitch or painting...sometimes reading, sometimes jewelry making. Many possibilities. Many means of expression.

And sometimes, being still all day is exactly the right remedy. The trick is knowing the difference and then doing what is needed.

 4/20/14

hot cereal and fruit

Easter dinner - salad, potatoes, curry rice & cauliflower, curry chicken, and roasted peppers







4/21/14

pasta fagioli and veggies






Whole Foods buffet...giant salad, mac and cheese and turkey meatloaf


4/22/14

cheese ravioli, veggies and fruit
Mmmmm, broccoli slaw & pineapple, a little rice and siracha!








 4/23/14

mushroom risotto, veggies and fruit
slices and salad








4/24/14

frozen Indian food from Trader Joe's






 4/25/14

pasta fagioli, veggies and fruit
pasta with sauce and eggplant and cheese








4/26/14

eggs with veggies and fruit






Mmm, cruciferous veggies, rice, pineapple, mushrooms, and red peppers






Caesar to share
PIZZA!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment