Sunday, September 9, 2012

A lot on my plate

Welly, welly, welly, well. It's been quite a month. The end of this summer has been...um, memorable, to say the least. All that talk about sharing with others. All that talk about opening up. All that talk. Seems silly now. Seems ridiculous that I've used my food blog for therapy...yet somehow perfectly normal.

The cat's out of the bag. If you haven't heard, there was a death in the family, an impending break-up, fear over money, dreaded conversations, stress over work, stress over school...name it and it happened in the past four weeks. Oh. And instead of losing 10 pounds, I gained 10. Wonderful, isn't it?

Right now, it feels like I can't handle another thing...so I've decided to teach a class to freshmen this term. Yup, I'm now part of the faculty. Luckily, the syllabus and class schedules have all been set for me and I have a co-facilitator that I'm working with. It's a freshman seminar, so it's not like I'm imparting knowledge about Secret Ritual and Manhood in Victorian America...an actual book, by the way, by someone called Mark C. Carnes, that I was supposed to read in college. I say supposed to because it was so dull that there was no way in hell that I was able to get through it.

Anyhow. So yeah, there was a death in the family. Obviously not mine. The impending break-up happened. Unfortunately, that one was mine. Neither fear over money nor dreaded conversations were mine but they involved me. Stress over work and school...well, that's my normal state of existence. And so, from here, the healing is beginning and I will continue to move forward. Get back to good. That's all that can be done.

 8/23/12

First, let me say that the absence of a meal does not mean that I did not eat...the photos for the next few weeks may show missed meals or missed photos.

turkey and cheese with cuppy-cake at the MFA
salad that was supposed to be lunch and ended up as dinner












 8/24/12

granola from Macrina Bakery and berries
 salad
Uh...that was Chinese food at the mall













 8/25/12

nachos
 chicken with creme sauce, capers and pasta
raspberry and lemon cheesecake













 8/27/12

Apparently, I didn't eat on the 26th. Which is actually true. The break-up happened on the night of the 25th and the next day was all sorts of fucked up. I ate popcorn at the movies and nothing else.

Breakfast burrito at the airport...going to Arizona. Eggs, sausage and cheese
 fruit from the airport
 chips and salsa in Tucson
 Enchiladas in Tucson
Mom's spaghetti













 8/28/12

ribs, potatoes and broccoli
 sushi....bad sushi.
steak, salad and corn on the cob













 8/29/12

Sorry for the sideways photo...but THAT is a carne asado burrito made by real Mexicans...and a glass bottle of coke!
carnitas with green sauce, rice, beans, and some flour tortillas

 Dairy Queen sundae
 8/30/12

berries, yogurt and kashi










 Mom's stuffed pizza
pizza and wings













 8/31/12

breakfast before a funeral...berries, yogurt and kashi
 breadsticks at the Olive Garden
 salad at the Olive Garden
 some awesome berry lemonade
 spaghetti and meatballs
hotdog, potato salad, beans and corn













 Mmm, ice cream sammie!
 9/1/12

berries, kashi and yogurt
 bad Chinese buffet
plate #2 at the bad Chinese buffet...and a good thing too because the mexican food for dinner was soooo bad that I couldn't eat it!











 cheesecake for dessert
 9/2/12

fruit and cheese plate
 chips and salsa in Phoenix
 enchilada style burro, beans and rice
in-flight Greek salad...not bad, but not worth $8












 9/3/12

nachos
 sausage with peppers and onions and fries--lunch at the Renaissance Faire...you should ask me about my new costume!
pizza, it's not delivery, it's Di Giorno













 9/4/12

First day back at work
salad and pizza
 apple for a snack
leftover pizza for dinner













 9/5/12

berries, yogurt, granola & cinnamon bun
my lunch...for dinner

This was one of those days when I skipped a meal











 9/6/12

berries, granola and yogurt
salad...again, missed lunch and ate it for dinner












 9/7/12

berries for breakfast
philly cheesesteak pizza and salad













9/8/12

salad for breakfast/lunch


for dinner, I had filet mignon, pasta with sauce and cheese, and green beans. There was chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment