Friday, September 21, 2012

Leaving the office in Boston

Ahhhhh, this is the life!! Blogging from the airport waiting to board a flight to Aruba!!!!! Traveling with a friend is always interesting and I'm curious to find out how well we do together for four days. So far, so good. We've booked a snorkeling package and plan to spend lots of time in the sun, on the sand. Yes, I am bring mucho homework with me, but I also plan to relax as much as possible. This trip is a great opportunity to tip my stress scales in the other direction for a couple of days. I'll jump back into the fray upon return to Boston. For this weekend, it's sun, sand, and seawater!

That being said, I don't always find it difficult to the leave the office behind, so to speak. I'm hopeful that the same is true for this trip since I'm bringing the 'office' with me! I need this trip though. I've looked over my last few posts and everything is about enormous amounts of stress and anxiety. In re-reading them, I'm somewhat embarrassed to be the person who feels that way. We all do an enormous amount of judging ourselves. And I am just like everyone else. Sometimes I judge harshly, sometimes favorably. When I'm in a really good place mentally and emotionally, there is no judging. Those are the best days. The days when there is only acceptance.

Oh! To live in a state of acceptance. I doubt that many achieve this, but I'll bet that whoever can is darned happy overall. And what a truly wonderful goal for the rest of us! For me, finding acceptance is about many things. Right now, I'm going to focus on knowing my limits and not owning crap that is not mine to own. Knowing my limits and owning only what is mine will take me far during times when I feel overwhelmed. That and a day or two on the beach!!
 

 9/20/12

fruit and yogurt
 they called taco pizza...nothing like a taco, but good
mmmm, sushi! good for what ails you!

spicy salmon and cucumber and a white tiger roll

No comments:

Post a Comment