Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quack! Quack!

I'm still totally high from running 6+ miles...and my PT person was excited for me!! Turns out, she was nervous about telling me that I could run at all. Boy, did we both get lucky! And, she was the first person to notice just how bruised I am. She even found the bruises that I got from rolling over rocks. I didn't even know they were there. My shin is one big bruise where I fell on a rock and my thighs are covered with little bruises from rolling in the mud pit.

I've given my feet a rest for a couple of days now and went out with friends instead of to the gym. I couldn't really wear shoes the day after the run anyway. It wasn't pretty, still isn't. BUT, tomorrow it's back to the gym. Tonight, however, was a celebration. A friend took me out to dinner at Hammersley's Bistro in the South End. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the food, the weather, the conversation, and the company. I had the duck...you'll see...and I have a Duck Clause. When duck is an option, I eat it.

 8/15/13

peaches and hot cereal
 savory chicken, corn, and mixed veggies
 Mmm, avocado, grape tomatoes, bacon, feta, red bibb lettuce, and goddess dressing
 DUCK!! Quack quack!

with green olives, grapefruit and feta
vanilla cake with honey and berries and sweet corn ice cream (surprisingly delicious)

No comments:

Post a Comment