Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hope is reborn

I had a wonderful personal victory last night!! I went to the gym with the intent of running 10 minutes on the treadmill and 60 on the elliptical...like a good little PT-abiding girl. Instead, I ran the full 70 minutes on the treadmill!! 6.33 miles. The victory? No hip pain!! I ran *almost* a quarter marathon!! I ran 6 miles for the first time in YEARS!! I ran 6 miles with minimal mental pain!! It was a good, solid, slow 6 miles.

Yeah, I said minimal mental pain. You see, I don't really like running. Funny that, isn't it? I don't like it, but my body and the PT people tell me I can't and it's the only thing I want to do. Come to think of it, I have a little history doing whatever is forbidden to me. It is, after all, how I became a cheerleader so many moons ago. Stubborn? Willful? Sure is.

So, the victory part? If I can run 6 miles now, there's actually a chance that I can get up to 13.1 miles by October!! I still don't know if I'll make it, but hope is reborn.

 8/11/13

Mmmm, french fries from Thornton's!
Even better? Firehouse salad!!













 8/12/13

hot cereal and peaches
 Miso soup and a little salad

 Spicy tuna
 veggie tempura
stir fry veggies and shrimp over brown jasmine rice with peanut curry sauce











 8/13/13

fruit and coconut yogurt 
 pasta fagioli, mixed veggies, cauliflower, and mango
leftovers...still delish but not looking so tempting












 8/14/13

peaches and hot cereal
 cheese ravioli, corn, mixed veggies, and mango
chicken, corn, and green beans with garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment