Sunday, August 19, 2012

What's really going on?

We've all heard phrases like:

You can never really know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Well, we've got them because they're true. We never know what's going on with someone else until they truly let us in and give us all the details. Sometimes, we're surprised, and sometimes we're not. Sometimes, what we learn gives us a new framework that shows how other pieces fall neatly into place. Sometimes we gain some insight into what motivates other people...

So, that all being said, why is it that we aren't more open with the people in our lives? Why don't we share what's really going on in our lives? Especially with the ones we care about? I mean, we all have things in our lives that we keep to ourselves, that we don't share. These may be things in our past or that are happening right now. I don't know about you, but I find it more difficult to talk about my past than about my present. And I don't know why.

The problem with not sharing what's going on in our lives is that holding all this in creates stress and fear. Personally, I find that stress and fear are uncomfortable states of being. And I don't like being uncomfortable in any way. When I'm uncomfortable, I'll reach for almost anything to feel better. The trick is to reach for healthy things and not have cake and ice cream for breakfast. When I can do that, it's a better day.

 8/14/12

Ham and cheese croissant at Espresso Love right before my eye exam
salad and pizza for lunch


I believe I skipped dinner.










 8/15/12

Macrina granola, berries and yogurt
salad with some mac & cheese and veggies


There was movie theatre popcorn for dinner.










 8/16/12

Mediterranean Salad from UFood...

I skipped breakfast this morning.
 For diner, R and I went out to Smith and Wollensky's, one of my favorite steakhouses anywhere!!

bread with salt and rosemary
 Wollensky Salad---romaine lettuce, bacon, potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes with a mustard dressing
 tuna crudo served on a Himalayan pink salt block
 baked stuffed lobster and 10oz filet mignon...this filet was overcooked and they brought me a new one, cooked to perfection!!

If you're wondering, my lobster was a girl...lots of roe. And NO, I did not eat the roe or the tamale.
Gigantic chocolate cake!!!! The waiter said it was two pounds of cake!! Needless to say, a very large portion came home with me to be eaten over the next several days.










 8/17/12

I skipped breakfast again...but notice the filet on my salad?
 loose onion loaf at Frank's
prime rib and fries...there's a lobster to share in the background there too!


Lobster two nights in a row!!!









 8/18/12

I finally managed to get some breakfast!!!

Macrina granola, berries and yogurt
 wings at a BBQ...I had 4
 burger, potato salad, scallops with bacon, brisket, and fruit
boston cream pie cake

No comments:

Post a Comment