Saturday, May 24, 2014

What I want

Maybe I am getting old. No, really. I may be. How do I know this? I know this because I'm not willing to accept drama in my life anymore. My bullshit tolerance is so low that it's almost non-existent. Huh. Pretty amazing when you recognize that happening. What's weird though is that it's not in all areas of my life.

In some areas, I find that I don't know what I want and I'll put up with much more than someone else as I try to figure it out. In other areas, don't dare question me, 'cause I know what I want and I'm not going to take any shit. Sometimes, I find that I deal with drama that I don't necessarily want but can't or won't shut it out of my life. I have no idea why. I guess this falls into the category of not knowing what I want.

So how do you figure out what you want in life? One article I read suggested 4 steps:
  1. Think about where you'll be in 5 years
  2. Write your personal manifesto - know your beliefs and values
  3. Volunteer in an area where you have an interest - explore
  4. Work on side projects - discover a passion
These are all worthwhile exercises taken together or taken separately. Personally, the manifesto sounds interesting to me. Actually, I think I like the self discovery that would lead up to being able to write a personal manifesto. Discovering who you are is the first step to knowing what you want. It probably won't be a straight shot, but that's certainly alright. Afterall, it's the journey and not the destination that makes life interesting. 

The journey is where we find opportunities we may not otherwise find. The detours along the way are how new people come into our lives. Getting stuck in traffic keeps us still long enough to find a solution in a difficult time. Slowing down for the curves along the scenic route remind us to stop, take notice, and find gratitude in all around us. The goal is to not travel in circles, to learn early on so as to not repeat our mistakes. And, of course, discover ourselves and what we want along the way.

 5/19/14

savory chicken, veggies and fruit
chicken, rice, and veggies








 5/20/14

cheese ravioli, veggies, and peaches
chicken pasta parmesean and broccoli








5/21/14

savory chicken and veggies






 5/22/14

pasta fagioli, veggies, and fruit
filet, mushrooms, rice, veggies








 5/23/14

turkey sandwich, cukes and red peppers, and fruit
 spicy crab salad
pork gyoza
 selection of sushi and sashimi
selection of sushi








 5/24/14

buffalol chicken tenders
 burger with fried egg and onion rings
Mmmm, Turkish take-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment